City staff is available to guide your project through each step of the development process. Use the tools below to get started.
A pre-application meeting with Mission’s Development Review Committee is required before submitting rezoning, special use permit, preliminary development plan or preliminary plat applications. Planning, Public Works and Building staff will outline the requirements of the City Code, design guidelines and the Comprehensive Plan. Staff will also outline any special studies that may be required for topics such as traffic and stormwater management. Please contact Brian Scott, Deputy City Administrator at 913.676.8653 to schedule this meeting. Applications without a pre-application meeting may not be schedule for hearing.
Community Development Applications
- Mission City Code
- Download a PDF of Mission’s Zoning Map here.
- Access Johnson County’s Automated Information Mapping System (AIMS) here to review property owner details, zoning and mapping information.
- Land Use Application for Planning Commission Calendar (2022)
- West Gateway Form Based Code
- Johnson Drive Design Guidelines
- Checklist for Submission of Preliminary Development Plans
- Checklist for Submission of Final Development Plans
- Mission’s Checklist for Plats
- Johnson County Recorder of Deeds Checklist (Plats)
Contact Brian Scott, Deputy City Administrator, by email or at 913.676.8353 with questions or to initiate the development process.
City of Mission
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM