City staff is available to guide your project through each step of the development process. Use the tools below to get started.
A pre-application meeting with Mission’s Development Review Committee is required before submitting rezoning, special use permit, preliminary development plan or preliminary plat applications. Planning, Public Works, and Building staff will outline the requirements of the City Code, design guidelines, and the Comprehensive Plan. Staff will also outline any special studies that may be required for topics such as traffic and stormwater management. Please contact Karie Kneller, City Planner at 913.676.8366 or email@example.com to schedule this meeting. Applications without a pre-application meeting may not be scheduled for hearing.
Community Development Applications
- Mission City Code
- Download a PDF of Mission’s Zoning Map here.
- Access Johnson County’s Automated Information Mapping System (AIMS) here to review property owner details, zoning and mapping information.
- 2024 Application Deadlines & Planning Commission Calendar
- West Gateway Form Based Code
- Johnson Drive Design Guidelines
- Preliminary Development Plan Checklist
- Final Development Plan Checklist
- Mission’s Plat Checklist
- Johnson County Recorder of Deeds Plat Checklist
Contact Karie Kneller, City Planner, by email or at 913.676.8366 with questions or to initiate the development process.
City of Mission
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM