Generic filters

Claiming a Towed Vehicle

To claim a vehicle that has been towed, you must first receive a written release from the Mission Police Department.

To obtain a release:

  • We may only release a vehicle to its registered owner. If the registered owner is unable to come to the police station, a witnessed or notarized statement from the owner giving permission for someone else to claim the vehicle must be brought to the station.
  • We must see a valid driver’s license. If the registered owner does not have a valid driver’s license, she/he/they will need to bring someone who does. If you were arrested for a DUI (Driving Under the Influence), you would have received a pink slip of paper called a DC-27. That replaces your license and must be shown when you are claiming your vehicle.
  • We must see current proof of insurance.
  • The vehicle registration must be current. The Police Department administrative staff has access to registration information online.

The administrative offices are open Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If you wish to receive a vehicle release outside of regular business hours, please call 913.782.0720. The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office will dispatch an officer to the station to release your vehicle.

If you have any questions, including which tow lot is storing your vehicle, please call 913.676.8300.

Police Department

6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202


8:00 AM-5:00 PM

In an emergency,
please dial 911.

Pin It on Pinterest