Public Works Crew Member
The City of Mission is seeking a dynamic and team-oriented individual to join our Public Works Department. You’ll join a great team and enjoy a variety of work tasks throughout the year.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform a variety of unskilled and/or semi-skilled work including the operation of a variety of equipment related to the construction, repair and maintenance of the following areas:
- City streets
- Ground maintenance
- Storm drainage facilities and systems
- Snow removal
- Crack seal and asphalt duties
- Following any and all safety procedures and guidelines related to the tasks above
- Current CDL license or ability to obtain within first 6 months of employment
- Considerable knowledge of methods, equipment, materials and safe work practices involved in public works, streets, street drainage, parks, and related facilities repair activities
- Considerable knowledge of types and levels of maintenance and repair functions performed in public works operations
- Considerable knowledge of landscape installation and maintenance methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge of irrigation system installation and maintenance methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge of materials and supplies needed for completion of projects
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety precautions
Suitable candidates will possess any combination of experience and education needed to perform essential duties and coordinate work regarding the operation, maintenance and repair activities of the City’s public works, parks, and other public works facilities.
The physical requirements for this position are considered heavy work, requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 100 pounds of force occasionally. Must be able to perform the essential job duties with or without an accommodation.
No phone calls please. Applications may be submitted via Indeed.com.
The City of Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.51 to $16.50 /hour
Under the supervision of the Aquatic Facility Manager, this position is primarily responsible for supervising patrons at Mission’s aquatics facilities. Lifeguard staff provide first aid, rescue assistance, and emergency assistance as necessary. Employees should possess excellent supervisory, communication, and public relations skills.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, this position is primarily responsible for teaching students how to swim in a safe manner at the Mission Family Aquatics Center. Swim Instructor staff also provides updates to patrons, schedule private lessons, and teach group lessons. This employee should possess excellent supervisory, communication, and public relations skills.
Position starts at $10.00/Hour.
- Must be 16 years of age; or older.
- Must be able to work either T/Th evening and/or Saturday morning
- Must be able to teach 5 to 10 hours of private lessons a week
- Possess Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or have the ability to attain certification through city training.
- Must possess Red Cross CPR/AED/ and First-Aid or have the ability to attain certification through city training.
- Must have the skill and ability to maintain a safe environment for all patrons.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Job Duties, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Follows safety procedures and practices.
- Teach infants, toddlers, and children water safety skills
- Maintain paperwork and update swim lessons as needed
- Work with minimal supervision during assigned class times
- Maintain all equipment used during swim lessons
- Be able to communicate effectively with parents and guardians about students needs
- Keep control of a class size of no more than 6 for toddlers, 8 for teenagers, and 10 for parent infant.
- Be able to teach all swim lesson skills to the standard set by supervisor
How to Apply:
Click here for application, fill out and return to SPJCC. The recruitment period will stay open until all positions are filled. Interviews will be scheduled after we review your application.
About the City of Mission Parks & Recreation:
The City of Mission is located in northeastern Johnson County, Kansas. This area of eastern Kansas ranks as one of the top growth areas in the State, and the country. The City lies adjacent to a major transportation corridor, Interstate 35, and is accessible to the entire Kansas City metropolitan area. Mission boasts a population of slightly under 10,000.
The City of Mission Parks & Recreation manages the Sylvester Powell Jr. Community Center; an 80,000 square foot family recreational facility that serves the health and fitness needs of patrons offering increased vitality of fitness to the refreshment and new skills in classes and programs. Sylvester Powell Jr. Community Center features include a separate Aerobics/Dance Room, two Gymnasiums, a Natatorium with Steam Room, Sauna and Spa, a full service Weight Room, a separate Cardio and Fitness Room, Racquetball Courts, an Indoor Walk/Run Track, Birthday Party Room, Classrooms and a Conference Center. The Sylvester Powell Community Center is an excellent site for business or social gatherings and includes audiovisual technology. The Parks & Recreation Department offers exceptional service and strives to exceed customer expectations at every transaction.
For more information on these positions for the Mission Parks & Recreation Department, please contact Jenna Dickman, Aquatics Coordinator, at email@example.com or at (913) 722-8207.
We are looking for energetic, motivating, passionate leaders to add to our fitness schedule!
We are interested in many formats/classes including but not limited to HIIT, Yoga, POUND, Insanity, PiYo, Strength, Bootcamp – we are always looking for new ideas! Please send your resume and what you are interested in teaching to be considered for this position.