Public Works Maintenance Worker I/II
The City of Mission is seeking dynamic and team-oriented individuals to join our Public Works Department. You will join a great team while performing a variety of outdoor work tasts as a Public Works Maintenance Worker. You will receive on-the-job skills and CDL training, clothing allowance and safety gear, and potential opportunity for a career prgression track. (Maintenance Worker I, II and III.)
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in daily construction and operation of a variety of heavy equipment associated with asphalt patching and maintenance, concrete maintenance (sidewalks and curb and gutter), snow/ice maintenance, concrete maintenance and grounds maintenance/landscaping. On-call and overtime emergency duties are required as necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Possession of a valid Class B commercial driver’s licence (CDL) with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within first 6 months of employment
- High school diploma or GED
No phone calls please. Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Be sure to mention the job title “Equipment Operator I/II” in your email.
Job Type: Full-time with full range of employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement and more.
Maintenance Worker I: $17.58 to $25.50/hour Zero to two years minimum experience in construction related field.
Maintenance Worker II: $20.23 to $29.34/hour. Two to four years minimum experience in construction related field.
Salary commiserate with experience.
The City of Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PCC Crew Member
The City of Mission is seeking dynamic and team-oriented individuals to join our Parks + Recreation team at the Powell Community Center. This position interacts with patrons and participants throughout the facility, providing excellent customer service and encouraging patrons to use the facility properly. The job duties include verfying patron membership, following department policies and procedures, following safety procedures, providing assistance to instructors and staff upon request, responds to onsite injuries or incidents. Occasionally, the job will include assisting with special events or maintenance projects, scheduling use of the facility, rooms or equipment, and performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- Six months of similar or related experience is preferred. Employees are expected to have acquired
- High school diploma or GED preferred. American Red Cross/First Aid/AED/CPR Certification within the first 6 months of employment.
- The ability to read and interpret written instructions, manuals and other documents as required.
Download the application here and return to the Powell Community Center 6200 Martway Street, Mission, KS.
Job Type: Part-time.
Pay Rate: $10.00/hour
After successfully completing 30 days of employment, employees will be eligible for an individual membership to the Powell Community Center for a discounted rate of $15/month.
The City of Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the supervision of the Aquatic Facility Manager, this position is primarily responsible for supervising patrons at Mission’s aquatics facilities. Lifeguard staff provide first aid, rescue assistance, and emergency assistance as necessary. Employees should possess excellent supervisory, communication, and public relations skills.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, this position is primarily responsible for teaching students how to swim in a safe manner at the Mission Family Aquatics Center. Swim Instructor staff also provides updates to patrons, schedule private lessons, and teach group lessons. This employee should possess excellent supervisory, communication, and public relations skills.
Position starts at $10.00/Hour.
- Must be 16 years of age; or older.
- Must be able to work either T/Th evening and/or Saturday morning
- Must be able to teach 5 to 10 hours of private lessons a week
- Possess Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or have the ability to attain certification through city training.
- Must possess Red Cross CPR/AED/ and First-Aid or have the ability to attain certification through city training.
- Must have the skill and ability to maintain a safe environment for all patrons.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
Job Duties, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Follows safety procedures and practices.
- Teach infants, toddlers, and children water safety skills
- Maintain paperwork and update swim lessons as needed
- Work with minimal supervision during assigned class times
- Maintain all equipment used during swim lessons
- Be able to communicate effectively with parents and guardians about students needs
- Keep control of a class size of no more than 6 for toddlers, 8 for teenagers, and 10 for parent infant.
- Be able to teach all swim lesson skills to the standard set by supervisor
How to Apply:
Click here for application, fill out and return to PCC. The recruitment period will stay open until all positions are filled. Interviews will be scheduled after we review your application.
For more information on these positions for the Mission Parks & Recreation Department, please contact Jenna Dickman, Aquatics Facilities Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 913.722.8207.
We are looking for energetic, motivating, passionate leaders to add to our fitness schedule!
We are interested in many formats/classes including but not limited to HIIT, Yoga, POUND, Insanity, PiYo, Strength, Bootcamp – we are always looking for new ideas! Please send your resume and what you are interested in teaching to be considered for this position.