Mission’s Comprehensive Plan guides development into the future. It is a vision plan, a communication tool and a guidebook for a community’s shared goals. Kansas statutes require cities to develop a comprehensive plan for development within their boundaries, and to make regular updates to the plan. A plan evaluates issues of land use, population and building intensity, public facilities, transportation, economic conditions, natural resources and more. An update is underway now.
Tomorrow Together: 2040 Mission Comprehensive Plan
Have your say in what the future of our community looks like in 5, 10, 20 years and beyond. Community input is now welcome for updates. View the project website. The first round of public input is now complete, but the website will be reactivated over the course of the plan update.
The work of updating the plan will include:
- Review of existing plans to determine relevance
- Analysis of population and emerging trends
- Analysis of housing development and emerging trends (new home construction, multi-family housing, accessory dwelling units and affordable housing)
- Analysis of commercial development and emerging trends
- Analysis of existing land use classifications and zoning
- Analysis of the transportation network for opportunities to support multimodal forms of transportation (walking, driving, biking or taking public transit)
- Analysis of broadband infrastructure to determine opportunities to support future residential and commercial development
For more information on how to participate in the plan update, contact Kaitlyn Service, City Planner by email or at 913.676.8366.
Read the last plan update: Mission’s Comprehensive Plan 2007
Stay Up to Date:
City of Mission
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM