Mission Police officers love meeting with our community. If your group, neighborhood or homeowners association is having an event and you’d like an officer to stop by, please contact our Department at 913.676.8300.
When officers are not detained on an active call and when COVID-19 safety measures are in place, they are happy to::
- Speak to school groups, clubs or organizations on matters of public safety
- Participate in a birthday parade in their patrol cars
- Visit with neighbors at a block party
- Provide tours of the police station (not available at this time)
Look for Mission police officers at any number of events around town throughout the year. Be sure to say hello and get to know us!
Citizens Police Academy
Periodically we offer a 10-week program to give residents the opportunity to gain a better understanding of how the Mission Police Department works. The Citizens Police Academy meets weekly in the evening and is designed to be both educational and enjoyable. The Academy covers topics such as:
- Criminal and death investigations
- Patrol operations
- DUI and traffic enforcement
- Interview and interrogation techniques
- Domestic violence situations and response
- Search and seizure
- Defensive tactics
- Less lethal weapons
Participants also receive behind-the-scenes tours of the Johnson County Adult Detention Center, Johnson County Emergency Communications Center and the County’s state-of-the-art criminalistics laboratory.
We are currently accepting applications. To join, apply here.
For questions, please contact: Lt. Robert Meyers, firstname.lastname@example.org, 913.676.8333
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM
In an emergency,
please dial 911.