Generic filters

Alcohol Licensing

In order to receive a City of Mission business occupational license and City liquor license, all establishments selling alcoholic liquors either by the package or by the drink must be licensed by the State of Kansas in accordance with the Kansas Liquor Control Act and must provide a copy of that license to the Mission City Clerk when making application for a City-issued alcoholic liquor license. The City license and the State liquor license will run concurrently for a period of two years.

Retail Liquor License Application – New License

Retail Liquor License Renewal Application – Renewals of Existing Licenses only

As defined in Mission City Code, alcoholic liquor includes “…alcohol, spirits, wine, beer and every liquid or solid, patented or not, containing alcohol, spirits, wine or beer and capable of being consumed as a beverage by a human being, but shall not include any cereal malt beverage.”

In addition to requiring a State liquor license, the City does impose specific requirements on establishments selling alcoholic liquor, including:

  • Alcoholic liquor cannot be sold within 200 feet of any church, school, nursing home, library or hospital unless the establishment is granted a waiver by the Governing Body of the City.
  • Package liquor sales are allowed between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, 12:00 noon through 8:00 p.m. on Sundays, and are prohibited on specific holidays.

Alcohol Liquor License Fees:

  • Retailer’s license of alcoholic liquors including beer containing more than a 3.2% of alcohol by weight, for consumption off the premise, sales in the original package only: $600 for the two-year license.
  • Drinking Establishment license of alcoholic liquors including beer containing more than 3.2% of alcohol by weight, for consumption on the premises by drink: $500.00 for the two-year license.
  • Caterers: $100/year
  • Temporary Permits: $25/day

Complete information on the general requirements for the sale of alcoholic liquor in Mission is available in Chapter 600 of the City Code.

If you still have questions or need additional guidance on applying for an alcoholic liquor license from the City of Mission, please contact the City Clerk by calling 913.676.8355.


For building or Public Works permits, please click here.

City of Mission

6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202


8:00 AM-5:00 PM

Pin It on Pinterest