What is Adopt-A-Street?
Mission’s Adopt-A-Street program promotes cleaner, safer and healthier neighborhoods through environmental preservation and civic responsibility.
Who can adopt a street?
Any interested group with the enthusiasm and dedication to make our community a better place to live can adopt a street. We welcome:
- Individual businesses & business organizations
- Neighborhood associations
- Community & civic organizations
- Faith-based groups
What do volunteers do?
Groups make a commitment to remove litter along pre-designated sections of City streets a minimum of four times per year for a two-year period. Volunteers are encouraged to monitor conditions along their adopted street section throughout their adoption period, reporting any issues to City staff.
How do we participate?
- Contact Mission Neighborhood Services at 913.676.8360.
- Download and complete the Adopt-A-Street Online Application and Renewal Form.
- Neighborhood Services staff will review your application and schedule a time to review the program’s requirements and safety protocols with your group’s coordinator.
- Prior to all clean-up events, your group coordinator must advise Neighborhood Services staff of the event date and approximate number of volunteers. They must also pick up City-provided volunteer waivers, gloves, bags, safety vests and other supplies at City Hall.
- Your group’s coordinator is responsible for completing the Application and Renewal Form prior to the clean-up event (linked above) then ensuring all volunteers sign a required waiver, completing a volunteer participation form and delivering those documents to City Hall within 48 hours of the completed event date.
Acknowledgment and Recognition
Adopt-A-Street program participants will be recognized on signs in their adopted street section. The sign will include the Adopt-A-Street program logo, City of Mission logo and the volunteer group’s name.
Signs will be installed after the group’s first clean-up event has been held and will remain in place for the designated adoption period of two years.
City of Mission
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM