A temporary sign permit is required for temporary signs in the City of Mission. The only exception to the permit requirement is during the 45-day period prior to any election and the two-day period following the election.
Political signs do not need a permit but are regulated as temporary signs as described by Mission Municipal Code Section 430.150. Signs may be posted no earlier than 45 days prior to the election day and must be removed no later than 2 days after the election day. Read more detail on placement requirements here.
All permanent signs placed outdoors or in windows must receive a permit before it can be displayed. Permanent Sign Criteria is based on property, zoning, and location in the city. For more information, please contact the Community Development Department at 913.676.8360.
- New Signs: $25.00, plus $1.50 per square foot or fraction thereof of projected sign surface area.
- Refacing: $25.00, plus $.50 per square foot or fraction thereof of projected sign surface area.
All sign installers and contractors must have a current occupational license with Community Development.
- Sign Permit Checklist and Application
- Sign Installer License Application
- Chapter 430 of the Municipal Code
For assistance or to submit an application, contact Karie Kneller, City Planner firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913.676.8366.
City of Mission
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM