Dumpster, POD + RV Storage Permits
Before placing a roll-off dumpster or portable storage container (POD) on your property, or before parking a recreational vehicle (RV) on your property, you must obtain a permit from the City.
Dumpster (Construction + Demolition Waste Containers), POD Permit Requirements
- A Dumpster or POD permit may be obtained for a portable storage container to be stored on any property for a period less than 15 days, not to exceed twice per calendar year.
- Construction and demolition waste containers are permissible on any residential, institutional, commercial or industrial property at any time for a 15 day period, not to exceed one time per year.
- Containers must be placed in the driveway, or street if permitted by the City. Containers may NOT be placed in any yard area.
- Containers placed on the street must have traffic cones on all corners of the container. The City can furnish cones for a required deposit.
- Permit applications must be completed at City Hall.
RV Storage Permit Requirements
- Seven day permits may be issued for non-owners of the residence (ie. visiting guests). A seven day permit may not be issued more than twice each calendar year.
- A 48 hour special permit may be issued to the owner/occupant of the residence. This permit may only be used once in a 30-day period.
- RVs may not be parked within 12 feet of the street.
- No more than two vehicles may receive special permits at the same premises.
Click here to learn more about Dumpster, POD or RV storage permit requirements in Mission.
- Application Fee: POD permits require $15 fee. RV and Waste Containers: No fee
- Apply for a dumpster or POD permit
City of Mission
6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202
8:00 AM-5:00 PM