Reserve a Court
The PCC South Gymnasium is available to members and patrons all day for open basketball. Need a court for your team? Simply email our Rental Coordinator, Natalie Lucas, to reserve a court. Court reservations are first come, first serve, so be sure to make your reservation soon!
With two full-size gymnasiums and two racquetball courts, the Powell Community Center (PCC) is a one-stop destination for athletes of any sport. See below for pricing, guidelines and more!
To book a court reservation, give us a call at 913.722.8200 or email our Rental Coordinator, Natalie Lucas.
Pricing and Gymnasium Rental Details (PDF)
½ gym (single court)
- $50 security deposit
Full gym (courts 3 and 4)
- $100 security deposit
- You and your guests will have access to the assigned gym for the permit time frame only.
- Nerf guns, soccer, football, baseball and kickball are not allowed in the gyms.
- Anyone entering the facility, including adults walking their children into practice, is required to stop at the entry desk and let our staff know what practice they are coming in for.
- Anyone who would like to use the facility past the permit time frame can purchase a daily pass at the entry desk. Daily passes are $5 for youths and $7 for adults.
- Participants who are waiting to be picked up after practice will be asked to wait in the north or south lobby areas.
- Teams who arrive early or leave after their permit time will be given $10 penalties.
- Organized practices are not permitted without a reservation.
- Reservations are limited to two hours. Please be respectful of those with a reservation before or after your time slot, as there are often back-to-back reservations.
- Gym reservations are non-refundable and non-transferable. There are no exceptions for reservation transfers or cancellations. Refunds will ONLY be considered for inclement weather if the Shawnee Mission School District (SMSD) has canceled classes.
- The security deposit and first month fees are due at the time you make your court reservation.
- A credit card number must be kept on file, as payments are automatically processed on the first business day of each month.
- Reservations for September 2023 – March 2024 will be taken August 1 for groups requesting greater than 18 practices (at least 1x per week for 12 weeks).