Since March 2020, we have worked successfully together to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic and the impacts it has had on our lives. We appreciate your patience as the City and our staff at the Powell Community Center have responded to various federal, state, county and local decisions intended to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 throughout our communities.
Our commitment to your health and safety, along with that of our employees and the broader community remains our top priority.
Based on the current situation throughout the County, we are recommending patrons follow the CDC’s guidance.
Powell Community Center Guidelines
- South Entrance is the exclusive access to the Community Center
- North Entrance is temporarily closed
- Patrons must sanitize equipment after use; recommend sanitizing before use
- Staff on hand to assist and ensure equipment is clean for next patron
- Hand sanitizers located throughout the facility for convenience & safety
Update Jan. 7, 2022: The Welcome Lounge is now a modified fitness area with Nu-Steps, recumbent bikes, power plate, hand weights and exercise bands. All patrons using this area must be masked at all times, including while exercising. (Please note the Nu-Steps are reserved MWF 9AM-3PM for the American Stroke Foundation.)
Personal Training and Fitness Classes
- Personal training available by reservation and one-on-one.
- Modified hours: Monday-Friday 8-11 AM, M-TH 4:30-8:30 PM, SAT 7:30-11:30 AM
- Call 913.722.8200 prior to arrival to confirm availability and hours
- Ages: 2-9 years
- Masking for children is recommended
- $1 for members and $3 for non-members
Your health and safety is our highest priority. We also value transparency and the opportunity it affords you to weigh risk. Our standard in maintaining transparency is to disclose confirmed positive cases online and contact individuals who were interacting with the team member during the time in question.
Mission Parks + Recreation
6200 Martway Street
Mission, KS, 66202
5:30 AM-9 PM
5:30 AM-5 PM