Generic filters
Select Page

Residential Services

Residential service is provided on a contract basis through the City. Learn the basics about the service here. All homes served with curbside service should have a trash and recycling roll cart. If one of your carts is missing or you need a replacement, please call Neighborhood Services at 913.676.8360. New residents do not need to take any action to begin service.

Trash and Recycling Carts

GFL provides carts of sufficient capacity to contain all residential waste and recyclable materials inside the container. Cart exchanges are free but are limited to one (1) exchange per resident per year. To request cart repairs or replacement call GFL at 816.380.5595.

Curbside Collection Services

Solid waste collection map

Click here for trash holidays and more.

  • Residential trash is material generated through normal occupation and operation of a household. Excluded items include, but are not limited to:
  • Place items at the curbside by 7 AM the day of the scheduled collection service.
  • Place the trash cart within a foot of the curb, with the arrow facing the street.
  • Place trash and recycling carts at least two (2) feet from one another, as well as from objects like mailboxes and parked vehicles.
  • Johnson County limits regular collection to 96 gallons of trash per week per home. To dispose of excess trash:
    • Overage stickers cost $1.50 each and are available for purchase at City Hall and the Powell Community Center.
    • Affix overage stickers to bags.
    • Place those bags next to your trash cart. DO NOT set extra bags on top of your cart.
  • DO NOT mix yard waste with trash.

Recycling Services

A look at items that will and will not be collected for recycling is below. When in doubt, throw it out. Contamination of the waste stream poses a significant threat to the recycling markets

  • Paper Products
    • All paper/fiber products (junk mail, newspapers, magazines)
    • Corrugated cardboard
    • Boxboard cardboard
  • Plastic Containers
    • All household plastic containers marked with the recycling symbol (with or without caps). Includes Plastics #1-#7, except for Plastics #6.
  • Metal Containers
    • Aluminum containers
    • Steel cans
    • Tin cans
  • Items NOT Collected for Recycling:
    • NO glass products
    • NO plastic bags
    • NO Styrofoam
    • NO packing materials
    • Do NOT mix yard waste with recycling.

Click here to download a recycling guide with helpful tips.

Contacting GFL

Contact GFL/WCA Customer Service by calling 816.380.5595, by emailing

City of Mission

6090 Woodson Street
Mission, KS 66202


8:00 AM-5:00 PM

Pin It on Pinterest